Dr. Pehling is a national expert in the field of TMJ and Orofacial Disorders. He brings together a unique combination of Residency and Fellowship training with years of clinical experience successfully treating thousands of TMJ and Orofacial disorders patients. Dr. Pehling has been on University Faculty and has lectured both locally and nationally to dentists, chiropractors and physicians.
He has been a featured expert in the local and national media and has been on multiple occasions voted by his peers as a “Best Dentist” for the treatment of TMJ disorders in the Seattle area. He is also the only dentist in the Northwest trained in the use of the Biomet Ultrathin TMJ Arthroscope.
Dr. Pehling is also one of the first dentists in the Northwest to utilize Botox injections for the treatment of Bruxsim, jaw and facial pain.
- Post-Doctoral Pain Fellowship (University of Minnesota)
- Masters of Science (University of Minnesota)
- Residency in TMJ & Orofacial Pain (University of Minnesota)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (University of California, San Francisco)
- Bachelors of Dental Science (University of California, San Francisco)
- Bachelors of Science (University of Oregon)
- Research Grants and Fellowships
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Assistant Clinical Professor (University of Minnesota)
- American Academy of Orofacial Pain Research Grant
- University of Minnesota Faculty Research Grant
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Pre-Doctoral Fellowship
- Seattle, WA
- Milwaukee, WI
- Minneapolis, MN
- Journal of Orofacial Pain
- Journal of Neuroscience
- Journal of Dental Research
- Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
- Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Equilibration Society Achievement Award
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology Award
- UCSF Table Clinic Award
- Scholar Athlete, University of Oregon
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Best Dentist Seattle Magazine and Seattle Metropolitan Magazine
- American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Washington Academy of Pain Management
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- Washington Dental Association
- Seattle-King County Dental Association
Dr. Pehling is a Northwest native as he attended Bellevue Christian School where he was a two-time state wrestling champion. After receiving an athletic scholarship to the University of Oregon he pursued his studies at the University of California and University of Minnesota.
He returned to Seattle in 2000 and his family currently enjoys living on Bainbridge Island. Dr. Pehling enjoys active outdoor activities such as stand-up paddle boarding, soccer, waterskiing, snowboarding, and mountaineering.